Sunday 6 January 2013

Ration Book Year - Day 6

Hello!

Today I have not done a video diary because to be honest i have to talk about in the video. I have been eating pretty much the same meal every single day and i have nothing interesting to talk about.

I also have to admit i have been bored out of head. No watching televsion is okay, but not going on the computer is so hard because that's all I ever did before. I've been trying to keep myself busy with knitting and listening to the radio but I still seem to be bored all day.


I've been trying to put myself in the mindset of someone in the 1940s. Trying to say to myself compter and televsion havent been invented so i'm not missing out on anything but it's really hard.

So yes, this Ration Book Year thing hasn't been as fun as I thought i would be.

Hopefully tommorow I will try and have a different attitude about everything.

Ta ta for now!

x


4 comments:

  1. I think you are very strong, because from your experience so far I guess I wouldn't last three days! I understand how difficult it is to have your computer next to you and not being able to use it, but if you've managed to live like this for six days already, I think you are strong enough to continue with the ration book year! The first days of anything you try for the first time are the hardest, then it becomes okay, and after a while you're pretty much used to it! Try to read books, learn how to do something new, like D.I.Y, make something to decorate your room, learn how to sew, learn how to do something! Why don't you go out when you feel bored? So, I guess it's more complicated then I thought, can't you, for example, read anything for our time, only from the 40s? Let me know, then I'll try to find some more interesting things for you to do :)

    I hope it gets better and that you don't be so bored as you are today! Have a nice week

    xoxo
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww this comment made my day! Thank you so much! You have some really good ideas! I think i will try the making cute things for my room idea! :)

      Thank you again!

      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Same here, I couldn´t do it for more than three days! You´re doing very well I think :-) Chin up!

    ReplyDelete